Lawn Maintenance in Colorado
Keeping your grass healthy means it can naturally fight off stressors like weeds or pests, but it’s not always easy. Instead of guessing what’s best, trust our team at Metropolitan Total Property! We’ll assess your lawn’s current conditions, create a custom approach, and ensure you have a beautiful lawn that you can enjoy.
Depending on your needs, we can:
- Mow, edge, and clear off walkways.
- Winterize your lawn to help it spring back faster.
- Aerate in the spring or fall to break up compacted soil.
- Power rake in the spring to get rid of thatch.
- Selective Herbicide Fertilizer applications to get rid of weeds and feed the lawn.
- Non-Selective Herbicide Fertilizer applications for rock and mulch bed areas.
- Selective pruning of trees and shrubs.
- Seasonal yard clean-ups.
We’ll Mow Your Lawn For You
No one likes mowing the lawn, but it’s a necessary part of taking care of your property. Instead of spending hours doing yard work, let us take care of things for you. We offer lawn mowing services to ensure your turf is mowed properly, at the right height, and as often as needed. We’ll take this chore off your hands so you can spend more time with your loved ones.
We follow mowing best practices, including the following:
- Never remove more than a third of the grass blade at once.
- Switch up your mowing pattern.
- Wait before mowing a freshly-seeded lawn.
- Keep your lawn mower blade sharp.
Thatch, which is a layer of dead organic matter, naturally builds up over time. It can block oxygen and water from reaching grass roots, resulting in yellow spots and dying grass. Compacted soil can also cause similar problems. Our core aeration removes plugs of soil, creating much needed channels that help water and nutrients penetrate the ground.
How Does Compacted Soil Happen?
Foot traffic, heavy lawnmowers, and even rain can cause soil compaction. It doesn’t go away on its own. In fact, it actually gets worse if you let compacted soil go untreated, making it impossible for tender grass roots to grow or water to be absorbed.
Benefits of Power Raking
Like aeration, power raking can help get rid of thatch buildup. We only offer this service in the spring, and the earlier you do it, the more effective it is. Power raking can improve water absorption, help grass more effectively use fertilizer, and ensure your turf looks great year-round. It can also help your lawn recover from being covered in layers of snow and ice all winter.
During the power raking service, our lawn care technicians will:
- Use a power rake to loosen dead thatch without disturbing root systems.
- Hand rake and gather the thatch into piles and separate it from live blades.
- Bag the thatch that was on your lawn.
Areas We Service In Colorado
As a local lawn care company, we’re proud to call Colorado home! It can be tough to keep your lawn looking its best in this climate, but we know all the secrets for green grass and healthy ornamentals.